BRONX PARK BUILDING IS OPENING. PLEASE CHECK FOR YOUR FAVOURITE ACTIVITY.
The Bronx Park Woodshop is one of the finest woodshops open to the public in Winnipeg.
We offer a number of courses and clinics, and we are open three times per week for drop-in sessions where safety-certified community members can use the shop and it's tools to work on personal projects.
Visit the Woodshop page to access a list of on-going courses and calendar of events. Everyone is welcome!
OUTDOOR SOCCER INFORMATION 2022- 2023 SEASON
U4 - U6 (2016 - 2018 only) Timbits players may register on-line and in person on:
FEBRUARY 23, 2022 4:30 - 6:30 PM
MARCH 5TH 1:00 - 3:00 PM
MARCH 5TH 1:00 - 3:00 PM
REGISTRATION CLOSES MARCH 12TH, 2022 (EXTENDED ON-LINE ONLY DUE TO LOW REGISTRATION NUMBERS)
Late fee for registration is $50.00 and will only be accepted if required to complete a team.
U7-18 Rec Teams – Phoenix (North East) District
New for the 2022 Outdoor Recreational Soccer Season - Players in the U7 -18 (Born in the years 2004-2015) age groups looking to register for outdoor soccer will now do so via the Central Registration Portal on the Winnipeg Phoenix FC website.
Click here - Phoenix Soccer website www.phoenixsoccer.ca
At the conclusion of registration, the teams will be created. Teams are more often than not a combination of children from a number of clubs playing out of a host club that MAY NOT be the community center for your catchment. You could be placed on a team hosted by any of the clubs in the district.
A team representative will contact you approximately prior to the start of the season. If you haven’t been contacted by a team representative please contact Winnipeg Phoenix FC by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org to find out where you are playing.
Winnipeg Phoenix FC follows and maintains the Canada Soccer club licencing requirements under the Standards of Quality Soccer (SQS) and includes area community clubs wishing to offer youth soccer programs in the North East area of the City of Winnipeg, as well as Oakbank, to participate under the Phoenix SQS license. Our goal is to create a consistent program across the entire district, including fees, and improve the overall quality of the soccer programs.
Please remember soccer is a TEAM sport. Each player is a valuable member and contributes to the team and to the development and enjoyment of each other player on the team. By signing up for soccer you have made a commitment to be part of a team. Attending practices and games for the team should be a priority.
The Recreational Soccer Program relies on volunteer coaches to provide the opportunity for your child to participate in the program. Without these coaches there is no program. Not only will you be contributing to your child's development, you will be supporting the community too. Be part of this rewarding experience! If you are willing to volunteer to coach please complete the appropriate section on your child's registration with the necessary information or contact Winnipeg Phoenix FC by e-mailing email@example.com
In order to ensure the safety of all participants and comply with Canada Soccer's SQS program coaches must be willing to complete the following, for which all fees will be reimbursed to the coach upon successful completion:
- A Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector. Provided by WPS or RCMP only (completed within the past 36 months)
- A Child Abuse Registry Check (completed within the past 36 months)
- An up to date Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders. (expires every 5 years)
- The Appropriate coaching certification for the age/stage they are coaching. MSA requires the "Learn to Train" level for U9-12 coaches and/or "Soccer for Life" level for the U13-18. More information can be found via the link. http://manitobasoccer.ca/page.php?page_id=115230
Note: Criminal Record Checks and Child Abuse Registry Checks must be in a submitted state prior to the start of the season. All coaching certification requirements must be completed prior to the season.
General Rental information:
- All rentals are on an hourly basis, and GST of 5% is added to all rentals.
- Payment is due in full at the time of booking.
- When making an inquiry for rental please be sure to provide the following information:
- Date of your event
- Time of your event
- The number of people who will be attending and name of room, if known;
- The time booked for a rental must include the time you require for your set up (decorating, etc) and clean up. We do not permit early arrivals or late departures.
- Bronx Park CC staff will set up and take down the tables and chairs for the rental* (with the exception of social hall rental). The renter is responsible for covering the tables when serving food and/or refreshments.
- Certain restrictions on rental do apply and include the following:
- ALCOHOL – you must advise the Facility Manager at the time of booking if you intend to serve any
- alcohol at your event. Specific policies and restrictions apply and the Facility Manager will discuss this in greater detail with you.
- GYM Birthday Parties have access to our gym sports equipment (floor hockey, soccer, basketball, etc). Sorry but we do NOT allow bouncers or inflatables of any kind in our facility.
- We do not allow helium balloons, slime, sparklers, or confetti type sprinkles in our facility, no exceptions!!
- All rentals have access to our shared kitchen facilities.
AVAILABLE ROOMS FOR RENTAL
|Up to 100 people maximum||$50 per hour plus GST|
The multipurpose room is suitable for a variety of events including parties, showers, dinners, meetings, and exercise/recreation classes* (contact the Facility Manager for rates and insurance information). If you require some extra space the Hobnobs Café can be added to a Multipurpose Room rental, but cannot be rented on its own.
Creative Arts Room
|Up to 70 people maximum||$30 per hour plus GST
OR 4 hours for $100 plus GST
The Creative Arts room is suitable for a variety of events including parties, showers, dinners, meetings, and exercise/recreation classes* (contact the Facility Manager for rates and insurance information for programs/classes). Alcohol is never permitted in the Creative Arts room.
|Gym capacity is 375 maximum||Varies (see below)|
*CHILDREN’S BIRTHDAY PARTY for up to 50 people – 3 hours for $105.00 including GST.
|20 – 30 people||$30 per hour plus GST|
|20 – 30 people||$30 per hour plus GST|
|The Meeting Room and the Computer Lab are suitable for small meetings only. These two rooms are not rented for parties.